Miss Megan, from the wonderful blog and business Moonbeam Wishes, is possibly one of the nicest people I've met through blogging/selling online. She is so generous and genuine and thoughtful, and I feel very lucky to call her one of my friends. Be sure to check out her awesome blog, which is full of little snippets of her life and the wonderful things she makes. Here is a little interview with her....
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and what you do.
My name is Megan and I love taking long walks, daisies, wearing dresses that I can twirl in, reading and daydreaming. I have a little Etsy shop, Dear Moonbeams, where I make + sell embroidery hoops with clever little sayings on them! :)
2. Describe a typical day for you.
My days always differ from one to another but each always starts off with a cup of tea and ends with embroidering, reading a bit and spending time with my family.
3. How did you get into embroidery? Have you always been creative?
My grandma used to needlepoint when I was younger and was always trying to get me to stitch alongside her. I got into it briefly but I guess that at 13 years old it wasn't my hobby of choice and I never finished the piece I started on. Then sometime last year my dear friend Amy suggested embroidery and sent me a few links to tutorials and I just fell in love! I love making something from nothing and I love to make pretty things that (I hope!) people will love!
Before I opened my embroidery shop I had a stationery shop that I absolutely adored!! It was so much fun to create cards as I love to send out snail mail to dear friends and I wanted to share my passion so that others could send cute cards to friends + family. Then I started embroidering and I fell in love with the art of it. That it when I made up my new shop and started stitching my days away!! I love trying new things and who knows where my life will lead me + what other hobbies await me down the road :)
4. How do you measure success?
I don't really measure success but if I had to I guess it would be by how happy I am at what I do. If I'm happy about each and every product I make than I would classify that as a great success to me!
5. What is your biggest creative/business achievement to date?I've had whole-sale orders, had my hoops sell in little boutiques, set up booths in craft fairs and had my hoops in goodie bags at conferences - but nothing is more heartwarming than repeat buyers who tell me how much they love my work and that they want something for themselves or to gift for a friend/family member! It makes my day!! :3
6. If you could go back in time would you do anything differently relating to your work/business?
I'm not really one that would go back and change things. I believe that every misstep is a learning lesson and a chance to grow as a person + as a business seller.
7. How do you get yourself motivated when you're having a 'meh' day?
Reading favorite/new blogs, watching a film, taking a walk, or maybe something as simple as listening to great upbeat song!
8. What's your favourite item you've ever made?
I think it would have to be this hoop. How I Met Your Mother is one of my very favorite shows and I adore this quote so much! The second runner up would have to be this one as this is basically how I live my life! :)
9. What's your dream for your business?
To sell my hoops is more bricks and mortar shops!!