about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Monday 14 March 2011

Learning Japanese

(in my head the title of this post is to be read in tune to The Vapors 'Turning Japanese.')

The other day I realised that I don't think I have ever mentioned on this here blog the fact that I am currently studying a Diploma in Japanese. In fact, that should almost be in the past tense, as I finish the course next week. It's been one of the hardest things I've ever had to learn, as we've covered speaking and listening, as well as learning to read and write Hiragana and Katakana. But it's definitely been a very worthwhile experience, and it feels really good learning something where your progress is easily measurable, unlike in arts subjects!






Japanese seems like an odd language to learn for a Westerner, and it probably is, but I have a slight obsession with Japan and Japanese culture, and it's been a goal of mine to learn Japanese fluently. I'm not quite there yet, but you've got to start somewhere!

2 comments:

  1. That's very impressive that you've managed to learn Japanese. It looks like a beautiful language written down, but really difficult though! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Yay for you!!! I am studying Japanese in my spare time and at some point would love to do a diploma! Can I ask where you're doing yours?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo