about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Friday 30 July 2010

The Luckiest

Just wanted to share a few pictures of some lovely surprises I received in the last couple of weeks. The post title is also the name of a Ben Folds song I love, and kind of sums up how I've been feeling this week - so grateful for having the most amazing family and friends who make me feel so very loved.

My sisters went to the London Comic Con the other weekend and came back with a little surprise for me, which they even wrapped up all pretty! For those of you who don't know, I kind of collect pez, and I am also totally in love with The Wizard of Oz.

polka dot paper = favourite


ignore the dodgy photo of me - but LOOK AT THE PEZ!


there's a full set of all the characters!


And my Mummy found me these amazing vintage books at the school where she works. Totally in love with all of them, though I think the illustrations in the book of nursery rhymes makes it my favourite.

all four of them together; Nursery Rhymes, School Atlas, The Practical Householder, and Vogue Knitting Book.


vintage Vogue knitting patterns


Practical Householder guide from the 1950s (love the cover image)


school atlas from the 1960s with an embossed cover


book of nursery rhymes from the 1970s


my favourite page


inside cover = LOVE!

And last week Miss Rachie gave me the most awesome set of postcards each with a different illustration from the cover of Little White Lies, the film magazine. I have some photos to share, but am saving them for a post of their own as they are so cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo