about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Tuesday 5 January 2016

Kew Gardens Christmas Lights (part 1)


On New Years Day myself and my family visited Kew Gardens in the evening to see their annual lights display. I should mention beforehand that these are no ordinary Christmas lights - in fact they aren't particularly Christmas themed at all, but they are seriously spectacular nonetheless!

The walk is about a mile long, and took us approximately an hour and a half to meander around, which doesn't sound that long, but it was a pretty chilly night so I was glad to not be out there for too long. There are various different 'sections' throughout the walk - one of my favourites was the Fire Walk, which consisted of two huge trees representing the sun and the moon, surrounded by small fires lit in cans. It was pretty incredible to see, and very cleverly done. I've been watching 'Vikings' recently, and it felt very Pagan to me.

 

 Another highlight were these colour-changing trees, that were made from a tent like structure with a frame covered in sheer fabric. It's hard to tell from the photos but they were pretty huge! The middle sized ones were probably about 7 feet tall! They reminded me of something - an exhibition at the Barbican (or somewhere like that) but I can't quite put my finger on it, so if you know what I'm thinking of then do let me know!


 To avoid this post becoming ridiculously image-heavy I will post the rest of the photos tomorrow in a separate blog post! Do check back to see them - and if you can then pop down to Kew and visit in real-life, because really my (lack of) camera skills don't do them justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo