about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Monday 3 August 2015

car boot sale finds


Although it's been two months since I last blogged, I won't talk about that right now. There is a blog post coming tomorrow explaining a bit more about what I've been doing and what my plans are moving forward. But for now I want to show you guys some of the awesome things I picked up at my local car boot yesterday! There are several car boot sales near me which I can get to by bus (important as I don't drive) and none of them are that big, but they always seem to have pretty good things so that doesn't bother me.


 Look at that lovely lot of loot! The big straw basket style bag at the back was only £1 and my plan is to make some raffia flowers on my flower loom and sew them all over it. Add that to the 'things I want to make' list!


The flower edged plate was just 50p - it was the only one they had, but I like mismatched plates so that works just fine for me. I think I will turn the purple floral fabric into a pillow or two to practice my sewing skills, and the mini crochet blanket next to it (which I think was a baby blanket or dolls blanket) is also going to be turned into a cushion. You can never have too many questions, right? The train planter was £1 and brings my (very small) collection of kitsch pastel planters up to three. Oh and that teeny 'Little Boy Blue' cup - seriously, how could I leave it behind?!


 The set of two small and one large glass pineapple dishes cost me £3 for the lot and I love them so much. Is it weird to love glassware? Plus two more mismatched plates (check out those Autumnal hues) and a carved wooden gazelle figurine because he looks so regal.


 More creepy cats for the collection - a tall lustre finished cat ornament, and a dinky cat jug - look at his face with his crazy looking wide mouth. They were £3 for the two.


 I also hit the motherload of vintage buttons - the lady had a huge box of little packs of buttons, and the packs were all 5 for £1 so I basically got as many as I could stuff in my bag! And it just so happened that the colours matched my new plate and blanket perfectly....


And finally a vintage 'Old Maid' card game because I collect old playing cards and card games (there's not much I don't collect really!), the dinkiest bird salt and pepper shakers, and a couple of the sewing patterns that were in a huge lot of knitting and sewing patterns I scored for £2. I also picked up a few items not shown - an awesome cherry print vintage blouse, a Mickey Mouse clock, and a cat jigsaw puzzle.

Did anyone else hit up the car boot sales at the weekend? It's one of my favourite things about the Spring/Summer - I do love a good rummage and the thrill of the hunt!

8 comments:

  1. Love that flower edges plate and great find on the vintage buttons. I have so many vintage buttons but never really know what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great button haul! I've been meaning to do a car boot sale myself - I seriously need a declutter! X
    Http://crafternooncabaretclub.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a great button haul! I've been meaning to do a car boot sale myself - I seriously need a declutter! X
    Http://crafternooncabaretclub.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great haul! My Nan had a wooden gazelle just like this one. I haven't been to a car boot in yonks, I need to see if there are any this weekend x
    www.fizzijaynemakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to come car-booting again with you sometime! Great finds x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been (or done!) a car boot in ages! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. creative and fun. thanks for share

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo