One of my favourite places to visit in the whole of London is Borough Market. Not just because it means I get to buy lots of super yummy food and ingredients - I love the whole atmosphere of the place, particularly earlier on in the day when it's not quite so busy. There's something so inspiring about strolling amongst piles of fresh fruit and veg. It calms me and helps focus my mind.
The market can be pretty overwhelming, especially if you're visiting for the first time so thought I'd share a few photos and a wee list of some of my favourite spots to pick up foodie treats....
My favourite stalls at Borough Market are;
- Turnips (for an amazing selection of fruit and vegetables, and particularly awesome heirloom tomatoes)
- Neals Yard Dairy (the best cheese in the world in my opinion! Their goats cheese selection alone is worth a visit)
- Olivier's Bakery (gorgeous bread and cakes - they also sell a lot of their loaves by the half and quarter, which is great if you only want a small amount)
- Furness Fish (incredible selection of fresh fish and seafood including varieties that are hard to find in supermarkets)
- Cannon and Cannon (I always buy my chorizo and n'duja sausage from this stall)
- The Parma Ham and Mozarella Stand (one of my favourite stalls in the whole of Borough Market - the best freshly sliced charcuterie ever. Try their salami and bresaola. Oh and they also sell beautiful buffalo mozarella.)
- Paul Wheeler Fresh Supplies (another gorgeous fruit and vegetable stall which often has cheaper produce than Turnips)
Does anyone else have a favourite stall I haven't mentioned? Or a particularly yummy snack/food thing you've eaten at Borough? I'd love to hear!