about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Friday 20 June 2014

Silhouette Cameo


if you follow me on Instagram you will have seen numerous posts already about my shiny new toy, so apologies! but if not, well, a few months back I purchased a Silhouette Cameo, which is a desktop plotter/cutter machine. basically it's a programmable craft knife that you tell via the computer where to cut and it cuts it! sort of like a laser cutter, but with a scalpel blade instead of a laser. I've been after one for AGES after seeing projects made with it over on Pinterest (good old Pinterest, how did I waste my time before it?!) - I finally purchased one after deciding I'd use it to make some things to sell, because in my mind that justifies it!

my current obsession is cutting self-adhesive vinyl on it - you can stick it on to your laptop, camera, phone, wall, notebook, car....anything really! and it comes in loads of gorgeous colours too. watch this space for some products using this coming very soon.


 I've also been using it a lot for paper and card crafts - I always used to admire people who can create beautifully intricate papercuts using paper and a scalpel, but I've never had enough patience to get into it myself. now I use the Silhouette Cameo to cut the shapes! it even cuts glittery cardstock. seriously, this machine is AWESOME!


using the Silhouette has been a pretty steep learning curve, but I plan on doing further posts soon covering some things I've learnt along the way. if you have any questions about it drop me an email and I'll try and help :) but for now I'm off to cut some more vinyl.....

4 comments:

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo