about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Saturday 21 June 2014

crochet chevron blanket


a few months back I attended a workshop at Tea and Crafting in Camden learning how to crochet chevrons. it fast became my favourite thing to crochet, and so I decided to take on making a double crocheted chevron blanket for my boyfriend. it's going to be in thick stripes of grey, aqua, and cream. progress has been slow so far, as there hasn't been much time for crocheting, but I'm hoping to make a bit more time over the summer months for sitting in the sun and getting my craft on. here is a little look at my progress so far (hopefully having this on my blog will force me to do more work on it so I can show you how I'm getting on with it!)


oh and see my phone case in the photo just above? that 'hello' vinyl sticker was made on my silhouette cameo - pretty much everything I own now has some sort of vinyl sticker on it! crocheting chevrons and cutting vinyl are my two current favourite crafts!

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I'm currently making a granny square blanket but it's hard to work on in the summer 'coz I get so hot from having it on my lap! I want to learn to crochet chevrons next :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab! I started teaching myself crochet, I haven't tried a chevron stripe yet but I think I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely choice of colours! The crochet blanket I am currently doing has stalled, and I think it's just because I don't have any pretty colours like this, and it's a really simple pattern, so I get bored with working on it.. :P ♡

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I've always wanted to know how to crochet but at first glance it seems kinda intimidating... there's only one stick! I'm meant to be knitting my man's scarf for winter (it's winter here now) and i'm only about half way done! It's so difficult getting things like knit work done. I love the colours you've chosen. I'll have to learn the ways of the crochet hook.
    Thanks for your post,
    Jenny
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo