So this list is by no means definitive. I'm not very good at a LOT of things. It would probably be easier to write a list of things I am good at, and maybe I will. But right now I'm feeling very self-deprecating, so here we go...
1. sports - any kind of sports or any physical activity really, with the exception of swimming and dance. If it requires strength, stamina, or any form of hand-eye coordination, then I will be awful at it. PE lessons at school were my own personal torture. Never pick me for your sports team people.
2. making pastry. Cakes, I am awesome at, even if I do say so myself. But I have never successfully made pastry.
3. saving money. You know that stereotype about women being unable to stop shopping? Yeah, pretty sure that is my fault. I'm not a big spender, in fact quite the opposite. But whilst I balk at spending £50 on a pair of shoes, I will happily spend £50 buying 100 items at 50p each at a car boot sale. If there is money in my bank account, it won't last long.
4. trying new things - when I find something I like, I stick to it. Like superglue. Change scares me, and although I will happily swan off to another country on my own for weeks on end, and try new things there, I will always come back to the things I know. I always get my coffee from Starbucks - why would I get it from somewhere else and risk not liking it? Okay, maybe I will love it even more than Starbucks, but that is not a risk I'm willing to take. And that is just coffee.
5. not getting my own way - I must have been spoilt as a child or something, because I really hate not getting my own way. This may also go a long way to explaining why I am single.
6. waiting for anything - I'm the most impatient person ever. It doesn't matter what I'm waiting for; food in a restaurant, a reply to an email, a package to arrive; I HATE WAITING.
7. not being good at things - I hate not being the best at things. It's not that I am competitive, I just like to be naturally good at things, I like to get the best marks, to win the prize. When I don't I get a bit bratty (see point number 5!)
What things are you not very good at? Let's all use this blog post as a free form of therapy. Share your own shortcomings here people! xo