Following my last list of reasons why I love London. I thought it was only fair to make another of reasons why I don't like London. These are all really pernickety things, and 99% of the time I love London and everything about it. But as with everything there are things you love about it, but there are also things you don't like.
1. the fact that the underground is boiling hot all year round - even when it is snowing outside the tube will be a hundred degrees. This is annoying because in winter I wear a big (faux) fur coat, and so end up sweating my bits off on the train to work/going out.
2. the number of slow walking people around - seriously, why do some people walk at literally a snail's pace? And then, to make matters worse, they will stop suddenly in the middle of the street, for no discernible reason, causing you to nearly walk into them.
3. tourists. Oh god, I cannot even explain how much I hate tourists.
4. those people who try to get you to give a monthly donation to charity - I'm sure lots of places have them, but in London they are like vermin. My avoidance tactic is to pretend to be on the phone when I spot them, as they are instructed not to approach people on mobile phones. Ha, I'm so sneaky.
5. the way certain areas smell after it rains - like a mix of wet dog and rotting garbage. A lot of Soho suffers from this problem. Bleurgh.
6. those loose paving slabs that, after it has rained, conceal what seems to be an ocean of water. And when an unsuspecting pedestrian (which always seems to be me) steps on it the mass of water underneath is displaced and rushes over the edges of the paving slab in a tsunami-like wave, soaking their foot and flooding their shoe.
Does anyone else have pet peeves about where they live?