about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Sunday 4 September 2011

Frightfest 2011

 August bank holiday weekend means one thing, and one thing only.... Frightfest! Whilst everyone else was off to Reading festival, I spent the weekend in Empire Leicester Square, watching back to back horror films! Frightfest, for those of you not in the know, is an annual horror film festival, showcasing new films from the genre, covering both big budget blockbusters down to indie movies made on a shoestring budget, from countries all over the world. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a big horror movie geek, so this is pretty much my idea of heaven!



 Me and my sister (who came with me) watched ten films in two and a bit days. They were (in order of watching) Blood Runs Cold, Kidnapped, Troll Hunter, Atrocious, Panic Button, The Caller, The Divide, Rabies, The Innkeepers, and Midnight Son. I have to say my least favourite, by a long way, was Blood Runs Cold, mostly due to the awful acting and non-descript location (they seemed to be pretending they were in America, yet it was clearly filmed in Scandinavia and acted by people putting on fake American accents!) My favourites were Midnight Son and The Divide, although Troll Hunter was really good too, as were Atrocious and Rabies. Incidentally Rabies is the first ever Israeli horror film, and the two directors came and spoke about the film, and it was incredible how much they have achieved and how many barriers have been broken down as a result of this one movie.




It was such a great weekend, I'm already so excited for next year! If anyone else likes horror movies, I'd highly recommend it.

4 comments:

  1. Frightfest always sounds brilliant, but, that, said Reading was ace too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 movies in two days sounds like heaven! I'm terrified of horror films, I'm such a sissy! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge wimp when it comes to horror films but i love movies so i'd love to go to a film festival :D
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous! I always want to go but never have money to get me down to London. They do a smaller version in Glasgow which I have some how managed to miss every year. Next year no excuses, I will go to one of them. (It's on the internet now so that means it will happen.) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo