about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Sunday 19 June 2011

my rainbow crocheted blanket

Well, this isn't the exhibition post I promised.... I still need to go through all my photos, so will post that next week... but in the meantime I wanted to show you something I thrifted last weekend. It's possibly my new favourite possession...


Yup, it's a huge crocheted blanket (in case you hadn't worked that out from the title of this post!) I'm always looking out for crocheted blankets - I already have one, but it's quite small and I'm not a huge fan of the purple and green colour scheme. So when I saw this poking out I pounced, quite literally, and quickly checked it over for holes and stains. As you can see it is in perfect condition. The lady told me she made it for one of her children but they never used it, which made me really sad. How can people not love things that other people make for them? I asked her how much she wanted for it, expecting her to say £10, maybe more. She told me I could have it for £2 because she just wanted it to go to someone who would cherish it.





 It's on my bed now, and I wrap myself up in it every night. I use it as a wraparound when I sit on my computer in my study to keep warm. When I get the chance to go on some picnics this summer I'm going to take it with me. Definitely a keeper. One day I'd like to make one of these myself, but until then I will admire this one.


(and a little bit of blue sky for those of you who have been having rain - nothing makes me happier that a blue sky above.)

3 comments:

  1. It's so gorgeous! Amazing find!! We must go carbooting again soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It's so great that you have something that someone put so much time and effort into. :) I'm glad you have a new treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :o i have just followed a link from your list22 blog post ... £2!! :o
    look at the work that's gone into that, it's huge! i've made some blankets for my nieces and for a friends babe, i hope they appreciate it when they are a little older. i love handmade gifts :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo