about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Friday 11 June 2010

Japanimation





A few weeks ago I went to the Barbican to watch a new anime film, 'Dante's Inferno.' I'd never been before, and the only anime I have seen has been by Studio Ghibli (which, by the by, I am absolutely in love with.) So I rather naively assumed this would be along those lines. Oh boy was I wrong. It was.... interesting. There were moment when I literally laughed out loud at how ridiculous it was. The rest of the time I was mildly horrified by how violent and explicit it was. But, all said and done, I enjoyed it. I couldn't tell you why, maybe it was the excellent company, or the fact that I had downed a cocktail moments before, but I had a blast. I'd recommend checking out one of the Japanimation events if you have any interest in anime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo