about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Thursday 5 January 2017

Goodbye Ladybird Likes

So this is one of the hardest blog posts I've ever had to write which sounds pretty melodramatic, huh? (That Drama GCSE came in handy for something!) When I began Ladybird Likes almost five years ago I figured I'd be in it for the long haul and I guess at the time I was. And while I will be forever grateful for all the friends, opportunities, and memories it has brought me over the past five years, it is time to say goodbye to Ladybird Likes and begin a new chapter.

It has been a tough decision to make - it's much easier to just keep going along the same path than to stop and change direction, especially when that involves starting over in many ways. I still love Ladybird Likes, but for a while now I have been dreaming of changing direction, rebranding, making new products, developing a new aesthetic, and at first I had hoped to run two businesses side by side, continuing Ladybird Likes whilst also setting up and opening Too Cute To Quit. However in the past few months I've realised that I would be spreading myself too thinly, and that actually the only reason I wanted to keep Ladybird Likes open is because I was scared of letting go. I've lived and breathed all things Ladybird Likes for so long, that letting go felt terrifying, and also slightly like I was somehow failing or 'giving up' even if it was my own decision to close the business.

When I began Ladybird Likes I had a very specific aesthetic in mind for the business - I wanted to focus on my love for vintage, for pretty things, and for nice quotes. Whilst I still love all these things I realise now it doesn't accurately reflect my personal style as a whole, and by restricting myself so much I was finding it difficult to develop new products, to style photographs, and to create social media content that fit with this aesthetic. Since changing the direction I have been bursting with new ideas and feel so inspired, which I am taking as a really positive sign, and I cannot wait to share them with you all!

Whilst it has been a tough call to make, I am starting to realise that this is part of being a business owner - making hard decisions, knowing when to call it quits, whether that is retiring an old product line, or deciding to alter course completely. And that this whole having your own business thing means something truly awesome - you can set your own rules. Okay, maybe other people wouldn't close one business after five years to start over and open a totally new business. But I'm my own boss, I decide what is right for me, and I get to (how cheesy is this) truly follow my heart and trust my gut on this. It feels like the right thing to do, and although I've had a few moments (okay a LOT) of sheer panic, of self-doubt, of waking up at 3am with off the chart anxiety levels. Deep down though, I know this is right, and when I think about my future and of what direction the new business will take me I feel REALLY excited and optimistic. (Sometimes I feel like I might throw up, but that usually passes quickly.)

Ladybird Likes will be closing down officially around the end of January. I am having a closing down sale on my website and my Etsy shop - all stock is at least half price and this really is your last chance to buy. My website will be closing at the end of January, and my social media handles will all be changing to Too Cute To Quit around this time too. My Ladybird Likes email account will still be active after January and I will check it occasionally, but please update your email address books to the new email which is hello(at)toocutetoquit(dot)com. The new website will be launching in February at www.toocutetoquit.com. This blog will remain as an archive (mainly for my own person perusing!) but I will be starting a brand new blog over at my new website so please do keep a lookout for that and follow along when it launches.

Finally I need to say a huge THANK YOU. To absolutely every person who has supported Ladybird Likes along this incredible journey. My mind boggles when I think about it, and I will be forever grateful for every single person who purchased stuff, posted about us on social media, liked or commented on our photos, visited us at events and markets, and generally made this whole experience so much fun. Hopefully lots of you will continue to follow me as Too Cute To Quit - I'd love to share this new chapter with you all because I have a feeling it's going to be an exciting one!

8 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear your shop is closing! I've always loved Ladybird Likes, however I can see that Too Cute to Quit will be a major success. :)

    You've definitely done the right thing by following your gut. I'm sure you'll do amazing.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, Zoe! Congratulations on everything you have created and achieved with Ladybird Likes. Good on you for going with your gut, and I look forward to seeing what your new venture has in store! You are truly carving your own path - pretty inspiring if you ask me. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have great blog. I follow you :)
    Would you like to follow my blog?
    www.guzelvekulturlu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I immediately grab your RSS also finding your email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Just love your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fleming avrebbe potuto scegliere Rolex per Franck Muller replica la sua ormai iconica super spia, ma come va la storia, è stato alla fine James Bond a scegliere Omega, cementando il Seamaster Vacheron Constantin replica nella tradizione della cultura pop. Ma l'ha fatto davvero? È la rolex replica classica domanda ipotetica su cui gli appassionati adorano discutere: quale orologi replica orologio indosserebbe 007? Fedeltà al marchio e talentuosi costumisti premio Oscar a parte (punta replica rolex di cappello dell'inimitabile Lindy Hemming), sono dell'idea che un replica Rolex Omega sembri plausibile, data la lunga storia del marchio di fornitura repliche rolex di orologi affidabili e convenienti per i molti rami di Lei Le forze armate di Majesty. Tuttavia, trovo difficile credere che imitazioni rolex un James Bond nella vita reale avrebbe mai scelto un ingombrante Planet Ocean in acciaio inossidabile da 45 rolex falsi mm, o anche un orologio da immersione puro come il Seamaster 300, per quella materia. Per me, l'orologio Bond per Rolex replica antonomasia funziona in modo molto simile al resto del kit dell'agente - che si tratti di un abito Tom Ford, un paio di scarpe brogue, un Aston replica orologi Martin o un'arma come il Walther PPK delle dimensioni di una pinta - ogni pezzo è classicamente sexy ma rolex falsi elegante e discreto, capace abbastanza da essere adattato a qualsiasi ambiente e piegato alla imitazioni rolex sua volontà. Ci sono pochi orologi sportivi nel catalogo di Omega che si adattano meglio a questo profilo replica orologi rolex siti sicuri rispetto al Seamaster Aqua Terra di seconda generazione (rif. 231.10.39.21.03.001), che ha fatto il suo rolex imitazioni debutto sullo schermo nel 2012 Skyfall.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo