about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Thursday 17 July 2014

DIY perspex sample keyrings


there are two things that get my crafty juices (ooer!) going - one is DIY projects that aren't really projects because they don't even require instructions. I like simple. my attention span is so limited, anything with more than three steps and there is no way I'm going to ever make it! the other is DIY projects that use up stuff you have at home and had actually forgotten you had until you were tidying up and found them in a box. this project encapsulates both those points.

whilst tidying up yesterday I found a box of perspex samples I picked up somewhere (possibly at a car boot sale!) and have been hoarding for about 5 years. I never really knew what to do with them, but didn't want to just chuck them away. my box of keyring making supplies was out on the desk, and I knew instantly I had to turn some into keyrings. it took me a few minutes, and was incredibly satsifying.


 I even made a couple of extra fancy ones with tassels for me and my friend to pop on our keys. whilst making these I had a thought to do small perspex pieces with quotes on as keyrings (kind of like my wooden ones) but jazz them up a bit with colourful tassels and ribbons and stuff. what do you reckon? I love how many ideas can come from just sitting and making and playing around with supplies. I wish I had more time for craft projects as it's what I love to do. designing to a deadline is just not as fun!


 I made WAY too many keyrings to ever use, so I'm going to give a bunch of them away! I just need to figure out who to give them to - check back here and I will let you know how to get your hands on one!

6 comments:

  1. Love it when an idea just comes together like that! I think the idea of quotes could be really cute but I'd say not to go over the top with tassels and such or it'll will just take away from the design.
    Lauren | OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanku so much for sharing this with us. I was searching for this since a week and after long search I found it on your blog. Thanks man. keyrings

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tips given are helpful and an amazing blog. You can also read our blog : custom key rings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the high quality and results-oriented content. You can also read our blog : custom key rings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for one marvelous posting! I had enjoyed reading it. You can also read similar blog: custom key rings

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo