about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Tuesday 28 January 2014

DIY: turn an old calendar into cute notecards


January always means two very difficult tasks for me; the first is choosing a new calendar. hello, my name is Zoe, and I hate choosing calendars. in fact, I'm not a big fan of making any sort of decision really, but with a calendar you're stuck with it for a whole year, looking at it every day while it mocks your inability to make such a simply choice. (no, just me?) the other difficult task is parting with my old calendar. after twelve months together I tend to get overly fond of last year's calendar, and the thought of chucking it unceremoniously into the bin makes me get all weepy. (again, just me?) so I came up with a very simple way to reuse some parts of my old calendar - NOTECARDS! every calendar has a back page with little thumbnails of the images that are on each month - I simply cut these out and stick them on some blank cards and WHAM. a set of twelve little notecards that cost you absolutely nothing.

(the images below are taken from my instagram calendar from this year, and from last year's Mollie Makes calendar)


 (look how cute and dinky the pictures are! to be honest you could just keep them like this!)


I'm using these as thank you cards to send to the lovely people that gave me Christmas gifts. I'm enjoying finding cheap and quick little DIY projects to sneak into my day - it breaks up tasks which can otherwise get quite monotonous!

2 comments:

  1. THAT is one brilliant idea! thanks for sharing x

    Katrina Sophia Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea. and so resourceful! i always feel bad about tossing out lovely pictures of any kind. now there's no reason to! thanks for sharing.

    www.currenttempo.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo