about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Thursday 9 January 2014

DIY: advent calendar


right, so this post is going to show just how busy (ahem, disorganised) I have been - it was meant to be posted at the start of December! I realise it's a bit out of date now, but I wanted to post it anyway.

me and the boy celebrated our first ever Christmas together this year - I wanted to do something special for him, so I decided to put together a little DIY advent calendar (I did also buy him a Monsters Inc chocolate one because I've had one every year since I can remember!)

I just gathered together a selection of 24 little gifts or handwritten notes, and nothing I put in cost more than £5. amongst the little trinkets I put in a £5 starbucks gift card so we can go on a coffee date together, a lush massage bar, wind up racing snails, christmas lottery scratchcards, and a pair of christmas tree socks.



 I chose a colour scheme to wrap the items in so they all went together - I decided on kraft, black, and white, because apparently boys don't appreciate pastel pink polka dots. I wrapped everything and added little embellishments and vintage touches (I'm sure Jonathan didn't appreciate them, but I loved doing it!) I popped everything into a big box and instructed him to only open one each day (each one had a number on for the order he was supposed to open them in.)


 they even got the Jasper seal of approval so they must have been wrapped well - that dog LOVES a wrapped up present, and the more nicely it's wrapped, the more he wants to claim it for his own!


 did anyone else make an advent calendar this year? I would definitely do it again, although I'll gather presents throughout the year rather than rushing to try and find suitable bits and pieces without spending a fortune. hopefully this can be an annual tradition!

6 comments:

  1. This is adorable! A seriously lovely idea & so personal. Thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, and your packaging is so beautiful. Love the little touches you added like the photo! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha "boys don't appreciate pastel pink polka dots"!! It's a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing, I would love to do it for my boyfriend but its not really his thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. right, so this post is going to show just how busy (ahem, disorganised) I have been - it was meant to be posted at the start of December! I realise it's a bit out of date now, but I wanted to post it anyway.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo