about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Wednesday 3 July 2013

we like... WAISTE clothing


it's time for another 'we like...' interview with one of our lovely creative friends. this time we have Sara from WAISTE clothing who is a triple threat; not only is she gorgeous and uber stylish, she is also crazy talented!

1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and what you do.

Hi! My name is Sara and I run a brand called WAISTE (www.waiste.co.uk) which we mainly sell customised denim, and a blog of the same name! (www.waiste.blogspot.com)
 

2. Describe a typical day for you.
 
 A typical day for me would involve waking up early to feed my little cat Herschy. Then I have my (usually healthy) breakfast and answer all work emails. I mainly concentrate on sewing orders throughout the day, usually accompanied by a motivational playlist or the radio (and a naughty Herschy being nosy),then dependant on what day it is I usually have the afternoon trip to the post office! Then in the evening I concentrate on the Social Media side of the brand, tweeting and facebooking etc.
 
 
3. How did you get into doing clothing? Have you always wanted to be a designer?
 
 I've actually wanted to be in fashion since I was 5 and could play dress up, I remember telling my nana I was going to be a 'famous fashion designer' one day. Not quite famous just yet haha- one out of two isn't bad. I started my 'fashion' career at ASOS as a fashion assistant, then it's grew from there to a shoot coordinator, which gave me some invaluable experience of photoshoots, and I recently quit to focus full time on WAISTE! 

 
4. How do you measure success?
 
I measure success by all the lovely emails/tweets/comments customers send when they love an item, or the pictures they post in something made by me. It's such an amazing feeling and really makes my day, and makes what I'm doing worthwhile! I love seeing people in WAISTE-I always pinch myself! 
 

5. What is your biggest creative/business achievement to date?
 
I think my biggest achievement was managing to get one of my denim jackets on model of the moment Cara Delevingne in the middle of LFW, and I was told she loved it and wore it straight away! SO HAPPY. Definitely a turning point for WAISTE!
 

6. If you could go back in time would you do anything differently relating to your work/business?
 
If I could turn back time...I probably would have made more of a business plan to start with, and A LOT more research. I've been learning a lot as I've gone along though.
 
 
7. How do you get yourself motivated when you're having a 'meh' day?
 
I usually call my boyfriend in a panic and tell him I can't do it anymore, and he always knows what to say to make me feel better. Cheesy 90s/Top 40 music usually helps too! And cuddles from my cat Herschy. 

8. What's your favourite item you've ever made?
 
My favourite item is probably the 'LAZY DAISY' dungarees from the new collection, I love how you could either wear them really hippy and boho or grunge them up.


9. What's your dream for your business?
 
My dream is to have my own physical shop/studio, own brand denim, to expand the range to more clothing and get a whole team behind me, and to get WAISTE on Lana Del Rey. Dream Big. <3 font="">
 
 Thanks so much Sara! I can't wait to see what's next for Waiste! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo