about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Saturday 12 January 2013

baked pumpkin oatmeal



oh yes folks, the day has finally arrived where I, Zoe Jade Bateman, FINALLY make something that I pinned on pinterest. and not just anything, I made a healthy breakfast option (two things about me; one, I never eat breakfast. unless you count a litre of coffee as breakfast. and two, I don't really do healthy.) so this was a bit of an odd thing to pick admittedly, but what drew me in was the pumpkin. I LOVE PUMPKIN. like, a lot. my sister bought me a tin of pumpkin puree from an American food store, and I wanted something to make with it. it was a big tin, and this recipe only used half of it, so I think I will use the other half to make some pumpkin muffins... I got the recipe from Budget Bytes originally (her site is awesome - definitely going to make some more of her recipes!)


 this is what it looks like fresh out of the oven - a bit like the dry plains of Africa, when the ground starts to crack... (YUM)


I served mine up with soya milk, but you can add anything you like - have it with yogurt, fruit, maple syrup, cream.... go crazy! it doesn't look like the most appetising thing ever, and the texture is a BIT weird at first (actually, it's a lot weird.) but it's easy and quick to make, it really fills you up, it warms you up, and it's about as healthy as a bowl of porridge! WOO! the recipe is below if you want to try making your own.


 BAKED PUMPKIN OATMEAL RECIPE

you will need:
  • 15oz pumpkin puree
  • half a cup of brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • pinch of salt
  • half tsp cinnamon
  • half tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1.5 cups milk (you can use milk subs though - I used soya milk in mine)
  • 2.5 cups scottish porridge oats
how to make it:
  • preheat the over to 200 degrees celsius. whisk together the pumpkin purée, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking powder until smooth. whisk in the milk slowly.
  • mix the dry oats into the pumpkin mixture. pour the pumpkin oat mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish. cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, removing the foil after the first 30 minutes.
  • serve hot right out of the oven or refrigerate until ready to serve. can be eaten cold or reheated.


4 comments:

  1. This looks so tasty. How long will that last you?

    Love you Zoe and miss you also xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum yum and yum! x

    http://zigandzagbloguk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already made something that I pinned on pinterest. But my reation was the same, after a long time of "pinning" I really made some of the recipes " Someday I will do this"

    Kisses and great weekend

    http://thedailymiacis.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo