it's no secret that I love christmas. it's definitely the best time of year, and is a great excuse to do lots of fun things, see friends and family, and obviously eat a LOT of food. like many people though, christmas is my busiest time of year - lots of overtime clocked at work, lots of people to see, odd jobs to do... this year though me and my bestie Dee started making a list of fun Christmassy things that we want to do during the festive period, and I'm determined to do as many of them as possible! here is our list, plus a few of my own...
1. go on a night drive and count how many christmas trees we can see lit up
2. bake snowflake cookies and other yummy treats with Miss Phoebe (that girl seriously LOVES to bake!)
3. make a playlist of all my favourite Christmas songs (including some choice picks from the Destiny's Child and She and Him Christmas albums, obviously)
4. go ice skating somewhere magical (we are thinking Natural History Museum as they have an incredible outdoor ice rink this time of year)
5. drink mulled wine
6. spend a whole day in our PJs wrapped up in blankets watching some traditional Christmas movies (Elf, Miracle on 34th Street, Muppet's Christmas Carol) plus some less traditional ones... Black Christmas, YES. (if it has Christmas in the title it is definitely still a Christmas film, right?)
7. go to a carol service (I want to go the one in Westminster Abbey when the kids sing, because in my head it's like the scene in Home Alone, but apparently it's actually a bit creepy to watch children you don't know....and also it's sold out)
8. eat all the mince pies (this was Dee's, I HATE mince pies which I'm actually very sad about!)
9. visit a traditional Christmas market
10. have a girl date at Starbucks and try all their seasonal hot drinks (hello gingerbread latte my old friend)
11. take Miss Phoebe to visit Santa and try to keep her believing in him for one more year (she is in that in between stage at the moment, and I want her to believe for as long as possible as she's only seven years old!)
12. spend time with my nearest and dearest
what things do you love doing at Christmas time? do you have any traditions at all or do you not enjoy Christmas very much?