about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Wednesday 11 July 2012

moonrise kingdom


As many of you will already know, Wes Anderson is one of my all time favourite directors. If I was forced to pick my top ten favourite films there would be at least two of his in there (which two changes on a day to day basis!) So when I heard he had a new movie coming out I was obviously very excited. And I was not disappointed.

Moonrise Kingdom was the perfect Wes Anderson movie. Even if I had heard nothing about it beforehand, and didn't know who the director was, I would have recognised his work in the details, the camera angles, the casting, the humour. I cannot rave about this film enough - the more I think about it, the more I wish I could just climb into the screen and live there.

 

If you haven't already seen it then I would highly recommend you watch it - visually it is absolutely stunning and, even if you're not a fan of Wes Anderson, I am sure most people will be unable to resist such a beautiful and charming film. Have any of you watched it yet? If so, what did you think?

3 comments:

  1. I REALLY want to see this film!! It looks so amazing, and I just adore Wes Anderson too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this film so much! I haven't seen much by Wes Anderson, but could immediately tell it was the same director as the fantastic mr fox (also great!). It was just so charming and made me want to go on an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally loved this movie! I was geekily excited for it to come out and went to see it the first weekend. I wish it was still showing in London, as I would love to go see it again!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo