The last few weeks have been tough. Business has been quiet, and I've been getting more and more disheartened as not only do I have no money to go out and do things, but I have no money to spend on supplies for my business. I have loads of ideas for new products, but can't really spare the money to try them out. I started to get all mopey, and of the 'what's the point' attitude, which is never good when you're running your own business! So I wanted to make this list to remind myself of all the good things in my life right now, and all the things I'm loving. When I started writing it my aim was to think of ten things - but it quickly grew and grew. It made me realise that although things may not be great at times, I still have so much to be grateful for!
1. finding cool things at car boot sales
2. stamping new stationery for my Etsy orders
3. making amazing new friends both online and in person at fairs
4. cinnamon roll pop tarts
5. learning new things every day (at the age of 25 I have just learnt to change the margins on a word document so you don't have a huge blank gap at the bottom of the page!)
6. post-it notes
7. having such a supportive family
8. having an awesome and cheap indie cinema nearby
9. being able to work for myself
10. magazines that inspire me
11. film photography
12. coffee in its many forms
13. having parks in walking distance so I can escape and clear my head
14. pretty nail varnishes to paint my nails in pretty colours
15. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, for keeping me entertained while I work
16. the rain
17. washi tapes
18. the fact that my birthday is only a month away!
19. Frightfest 2012 for giving me something to look forward to and work towards!
20. my ipad
21. having my own workspace full of inspiring things
22. getting things in the post
23. takeaway food
24. my pupster who keeps me comnpany
25. being healthy and safe and happy
What are you grateful for? If you're feeling disheartened or down, why not take a moment to make a list of all the good things in your life?