about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Sunday 15 July 2012

a mailing list and a new website

 

That's right folks! You may have seen me tweet last week that I had set up a mailing list - I will be sending out a monthly newsletter with news of new products, events, plus special offers and discounts! If you'd like to receive this email then please either email me at ladybirdlikes@hotmail.co.uk with the subject line 'mailing list' and I will add you, or you can use the sign up box in the sidebar.

Also, you may remember a while ago I mentioned briefly that I had set myself up a website for Ladybird Likes. Basically a lot of people at craft fairs were confused when the web address for my business was a blogspot one, and there wasn't enough room on my business cards to list the separate websites for my blog, facebook, twitter, and online shops. So I decided to purchase a domain name and set myself up a very simple website with links to all my online spaces. Lo and behold, www.ladybirdlikes.com was born!

This is what my website currently looks like. As I said, it is very basic, just a landing page with links to my blog, my etsy shop, my twitter, and my facebook, plus a few additional pages with information like my contact details, and FAQs. When I decided I wanted to make as website I was overwhelmed with all the technical information out there, and in the end I used this amazing tutorial from the incredible Pugly Pixel, which shows you how to take a blogger blog, strip it down, and turn it into a static website. I'd highly recommend it if, like me, you just want a simple page with links to other websites.

It took me about 4 or 5 hours to get it how I wanted - I am by no means an expert, so some of it was trial and error. Also, I'm pretty slow with the graphics side of Photoshop, so even this simple design took a while! I intend to make it a bit fancier at some point, but it does the job for now.

You may also have noticed I've updated some of the pages on this blog - I now have a FAQ page with answers to some of the questions I get asked regularly, an events page which lists all the craft fairs, markets, and vintage fairs at which I will be selling my wares at, plus I have updated my links page with all my favourite blogs, which you should definitely check out!

I'd love to hear what you think, as sometimes it can be so hard to step back and work out what you like or want to change about your own website! 

4 comments:

  1. I saw this last week, it looks fantastic, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you! All the techno stuff really haunts me and totally puts me off from getting things done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good to me...when are you free to do ours?!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so amazing!! I am so proud of you!!! HTML can be so daunting! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo