Although you may not have noticed (especially as I had a handful of posts scheduled) I haven't been around much on this here blog for a couple of weeks. This is mostly because I have been crazy busy, but also partly because I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed with the internet. There is so much on here, and the pressure to get myself noticed and put myself out there can feel a bit too much at times. But I think a short break has done me the world of good, and now I'm back, ready for action! But I thought you might be interested in some of the things I've been up to over the last weeks...
1. I launched my first ever Etsy shop! The response has been amazing - so far I have sold 18 items, and had thousands of views on my shop page! Thank you to everyone who has tweeted/blogged/facebooked about it. You've made one of my dreams come true.
2. I spent some time hanging out with Lucy aka. Lucy Vanilla the domestic goddess. I'm not even going to start on how much I adore this girl, she is one of my best friends. She owns and runs Creighton's Chocolaterie, so I spent some time hanging out there, taking part in a truffle making class (dark chocolate and orange - YUM), trawling charity shops, eating takeout, and going on a 3 hour dog walk in the snow.
3. I worked a lot in the Lazy Oaf shop. Obvs.
4. I packaged up lots of orders for my Etsy shop - I think wrapping and packaging orders is my favourite part of the job so far.
5. I painted the ENTIRE Lazy Oaf shop, with the help of my Dad. It is now very, very white. Let's not talk about how long it took (11 hours)or what time we got home (8am the next morning.) Instead we will focus on how lovely it looks now!
6. I had a stall at a 'rock and roll jumble sale' in Angel. I've been wanting to do one for so long, and am so glad I did it! I made £80 profit selling vintage doodads, so hope to make this a monthly occurrence. Any excuse to go out thrifting more often!
7. We had Phoebe over to stay the night, and spent two days making biscuits, pizza, meringues, fairy cakes, paintings, Valentine's Day cards, bath potions, and a huge mess. It was so much fun, I love that kiddo a lot, but I have no idea how parents do it full time!
Well I think that's it.... I have lots of photos to blog (got a film developed the other day yay!) so will be back tomorrow with a proper post :) What has everyone else been up to? What have I missed? xoxo