about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Saturday 8 October 2011

we heart dinosaurs (part 2)

Some more snaps of my day out at the Natural History Museum. I didn't think I took that many photos, but it's just an amazing place I guess I got a bit carried away...(if you missed part 1 then go ahead and click here)


I'm a sucker for a pretty stained glass window, and this museum has some of the best I've ever seen


this is a photograph of a video installation in the museum, showing the water cycle on earth - it was so beautiful watching images of water, although I did find myself needing the toilet after a while


one day, when I have some money, I will go back to the gift shop and buy one of these mugs. Until that day, I will just stare at this photo and chuckle to myself.


these drawings by children visiting the museum made me smile. Some of them show definite promise as artists, but others were more than a little 'interpretive'!


in the Darwin Centre there were rows and rows of jars and bottles containing all manner of animal and plant specimens preserved in formaldehyde. Creepy, but so interesting.


and last, but by no means least, a narwhal, without a doubt my favourite member of the whale family

1 comment:

  1. omg, that looks like such a fun museum! my visit to the boston science museum a few years back was soooo boring.

    xo
    sami
    ps. check out my bow tie giveaway!
    http://glimpseofglamour.blogspot.com/2011/10/its-tie.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo