about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Monday 11 July 2011

List 6: my girl crushes

Every girl has girl crushes right? Those girls that you have a real proper crush on, like when you were 10 and madly in love with everything about Mark Owen from Take That (no, just me then?) These are the girls who I both want to be and want to be with. And no I'm not a lesbian, but still...

1. Jenny Lewis - in all her guises, from solo artist, to lead singer in Rilo Kiley, to the Jenny part of Jenny and Johnny. I love her music, especially her voice in Rise Up With Fists and Silver Lining, I love the way she dresses, and I love love love her hair. Seriously, if I ever met her I don't know if I could resist the urge to touch it.

2. Elsie Larson of A Beautiful Mess - everything she does is amazing, and when people ask me what I want to be when I grow up (and yes, at the age of 24 this still happens) I simply say 'Elsie Larson.' Her blog is an endless source of inspiration for me, and the fact that she owns her own vintage store blows my mind.

3. Zooey Deschanel - I don't care what people say, I love her. I particularly enjoy pretending that we are twins called Zoe and Zooey. She and Him are one of my favourite musical duos of all time, and I must have watched 500 Days of Summer about 50 times. (though partly because I love Joseph Gordon Levitt....)

4. Thora Birch - watch Ghost World and you will understand. I love her big time.

5. Beyonce - when I watched her onstage at Glastonbury I nearly DIED. She is perfect in every single way. Have you seen the video for 'Why Don't You Love Me'? My favourite music video of all time right there. And her hair. Don't get me started on her hair. If I could be anyone in the world for a day it would be Beyonce.

6. The Olsen Twins - couldn't you just pick them up and put them in your pocket? I love the way they dress, I love that they seem to exist solely on Starbucks coffee, and I love that they are real businesswomen and haven't spurned educations and jobs in favour of becoming 'It girls' who wander around with no purpose in life other than shopping and partying.

The list isn't very long.... it takes a lot for someone to cross over from being someone I really like and admire to being a fully fledged girl crush. But there we have it. I'd love to hear which members of the same sex you have a crush on...

4 comments:

  1. this is the best post ever. My list of lady crushes goes on and on! I am so in love with thora too. I'm going to make a list and come back to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex James, Graham Coxon, Jarvis Cocker, Benedict Cumberbatch, Julian Casablancas, Giles Coren, Johnny Depp... um... Downey Jnr., Aaron Ramsey... that'll do

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha great post! Mine are probably Stevie Nicks, Emma Thompson, Claire Danes and the girl who works in the cafe at Surrey Docks Farm. Oh, and Kate Miss from For Me, For You blog. Wish I was as stylish as her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, great post! Totally agree with Zoey Deschanel but also need to list Maggie Gyllenhaal!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo