about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Saturday 12 March 2011

Up Up and Away


Everyone knows I have a huge spot for Disney Pixar, especially 'Up.' How can you not love that film? Balloons, a flying house, dogs, cute fat kid.... it's got everything. So I actually squealed when I saw that the geniuses at National Geographic actually recreated the flying house from Up.... but in real life!






They used 300 balloons that expand up to 8ft in diameter when inflated, and the house flew for about an hour reaching an altitude of 10,000 feet. It set a new world record for the largest balloon cluster flight ever attempted. I think I need to make my own....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo