about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Dogs + Illustration = Love

 I originally stumbled across these amazing illustrations by Doris Freigofas on another blog... but an appalling short-term memory means I cannot remember which blog it was. However I fell instantly in love with the retro style of the images, the witty observations made, the wonderful use of blocks of colour, and of course the fact that they feature a selection of famous celebrities and their dogs.







I think the one of the Queen and her corgis is my favourite. It reminds me of the cover of Miroslav Sasek's 'This is London' book. (although the only similarity is that they both feature a Royal Guard!)

These prints are limited edition silkscreens, created for French art collective and publishing house 'French Fourch.' Looking at these reminded me of a couple of children's storybooks I own which I purchased purely for the gorgeous retro illlustrations... I think I will try to blog about them properly over the next week or so. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo