about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Wednesday 5 January 2011

everything was beautiful and nothing hurt

On Christmas Day me and my family went for a walkover Northala Hills. It used to be an all weather football pitch but, as part of a rejuvenation program going on in the area where I live, it was last year turned into a park space. There are three huge hills, which are made using the rubble from local demolition projects, and a series of lakes which are home to lots of wildlife. It's my favourite place in the area I live in, but Christmas Day it was magical. I can't really put it into words, it was just perfect. There was still lots of snow on the ground, and we got there just as the sun went down. There was complete silence, except for the occasional scream of some kids sledding down one of the hills.







we took bread to feed the ducks and geese as all the lakes bar this one bit were frozen solid












These photos can't possibly do it justice, but I hope you enjoyed them. I spent the remainder of my Christmas reading books, watching movies, eating too much food, making origami cranes, and doing a little embroidery. It was rather perfect.

PS. the post title is a quote from Kurt Vonnegut's 'Slaughterhouse 5' which is one of my favourite books ever.

2 comments:

  1. It looks really beautiful there and sounded like a lovely Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like the perfect plan for Christmas. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo