about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Sunday 23 January 2011

(Day) of Everything

Last month me and the lovely Kate went on a day out exploring the Primrose Hill area. I'd never been before, and fell in love immediately with the cute cafes and shops, and of course the gorgeous signage.













Our main reason for visiting the area was to see the new exhibit at the Museum of Everything. Kate had been to the last one and loved it, and I was intrigued by the idea of a 'pop-up' museum showcasing all manner of weird and wonderful items. All round Primrose Hill were signs for the museum; it felt rather like going on a treasure hunt!








Eventually we found it, and it was worth the wait. No pictures were allowed inside, which is probably a good thing as I could have easily filled up my whole memory card! It was like walking into a curiosity cabinet - there were taxidermy squirrels dressed as boxers, old fairground rides, a room decorated completely in shells, marionette puppets, crewel hangings, old photos, and everything in between. Unfortunately it is closed now, but will re-open later in 2011.

3 comments:

  1. I wanna go adventuring with you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely photographs! i like the furry stag head, tee hee. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really want to go! according to the website its open until mid Feb!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo