about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Thursday 21 October 2010

A Collection a Day...

Last week I discovered the most amazing blog ever. 'A Collection a Day, 2010' documents one woman's incredible array of collections, one for every day of the year in fact!

Since I was a young girl, I have been obsessed both with collecting and with arranging, organizing and displaying my collections. This is my attempt to document my collections, both the real and the imagined.

The practice of collecting and documenting collections is as old as the hills. I want onlookers here to know that I do not profess to be doing anything new or unique or ingenious. I am embarking on this project because I love my collections, and I want to document them in a way that makes sense to me, and share them with whoever might be interested in looking at them.

There are so many of her collections already posted (293 to be exact) but I chose a few of my favourite to show you.











You can buy Lisa Congdon's book about the project right here. I've already preordered my copy - can't wait for it to arrive!

I'm thinking of maybe sharing some of my own personal collections here on my blog. I don't quite have 365 (!!!) but I have a few....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo