about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Wednesday 13 August 2014

CNBC Interview

 Yesterday morning I was interviewed LIVE on CNBC news channel! It was all very surreal and extremely scary, but also such an awesome experience. I spoke about how Etsy has helped my business grow, and about the new Etsy Wholesale program.


 On Monday I received an Etsy conversation asking if I'd like to be on CNBC for a news piece the following day. One of the best parts of being self-employed is being able to adapt when exciting things like this come up - so I of course accepted the invitation. The following morning I was so nervous. I didn't really know what to expect, and was even more worried as it was live! I sat in the green room for about half an hour, which was exciting in itself as it was right in the studio and I could see everything that was going on behind the scenes. Then all of a sudden I was being ushered into a seat, had a microphone clipped to my collar, and someone was counting down till we were live! Very surreal!


If you'd like to watch the (very short) clip of me speaking you can see it right here. Please ignore my ummms and ahhhhhs - I tried so hard not to do it, but found it almost impossible! Also ignore my weird cockney accent - I'm not from East London! Thanks to everyone who watched live and for all your super sweet comments on Facebook and Instagram - knowing you guys were watching and supporting made me less worried!

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, i'm really impressed you did this, how brave! And what a great way to spread the word about Ladybird Likes too :-) The presenter seemed a little scary so you did well! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good girl! I think the presenter seemed a little weird too, not so friendly and approachable. You definitely did a great job xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh this is so cool! You came across really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah, this is amazing! Great interview love :) didn't notice any ums at all, don't worry. I bet you never imagined you'd be on TV because of Ladybird Likes, yeay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoe, you rocked the hell out of that interview! Well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I'd be able to form coherent answers so quickly, the mind blanks! Well done, great interview xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo