Thursday, 11 July 2013
list 55: reasons why having a boyfriend is actually pretty alright
so, I'm sure you all know by now that I have recently become unsingle (is that a word? it is now) after four years of being queen of singledom. it's easy when you're single to think how wonderful it would be to be in a relationship, and to get your rose tinted spectacles on about how awesome it is to have a boyfriend, but I tried to steer away from that kind of thinking. I'm not really a romantic person at all - I think too many people have this idea of love being just like in movies and books, and they spend their lives trying to make someone fit into a preconceived idea of what a boyfriend should be like.
I've always enjoyed being single - as I've mentioned before I'm pretty selfish, and I love being able to do what I want to do, when I want to do it. it has been really nice to focus on me, and on what I want to do for a while, and I'm still not ready to give that up. however since having a boyfriend I've realised that actually I can have both. I can run Ladybird Likes and have a boyfriend, and still see my friends and family. it's hard, and I'm still finding a balance, but it is possible. I don't have to give up anything, I just have to be a bit more organised with my time.
anywho, here are some of the reasons why I'm actually quite enjoying having a boyfriend. get the sick bucket ready...
1. having someone to cuddle up to in bed. this can be done with friends, but at your own peril (and only if you are reeeeally close with them)
2. getting sappy text messages/emails/snapchats and being able to feel smug at how much you're winning at life
3. you can use the twosday tuesday offer at Pizza Hut without feeling like a disgusting fat slob, because two large pizzas between two people is so much better than two large pizzas between one person (this post is not sponsored by Pizza Hut, promise)
4. trying to juggle a handbag, starbucks coffee, iphone, and shopping bags is no longer a problem, when you have a boyfriend to carry stuff (that boy sure looks good with a handbag)
5. kisses. AM I RIGHT?
6. having someone there who will always always tell you you look pretty, even when you both know you look like roadkill.
7. being able to accept an invite to a wedding without immediately thinking 'oh god, I'm going to be the only single person there'
no but in all seriousness, being in a relationship has been awesome so far, and Jonathan is pretty much the best guy everrrrrrr (I'm biased I know, I'm sure your boyfriends are awesome too). that might just be the honeymoon phase talking, but y'know what, I'm happy right now and that's about as much as any person can ask for.