about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Sunday 23 June 2013

vintage pretties


it's no secret that I'm a sucker for vintage bits of paper - at car boot sales I dream of finding a huge stash of old letters and postcards to sit and sort through. whilst at a craft fair/market type event in Brighton recently I came across a lady selling lots of scrapbook clippings from her childhood and, well, to cut a long story short I ended up buying a few. I don't really know what to do with them, so I thought I'd photograph some of my favourites and share them on here with you, so you can enjoy looking at them too!


this greyhound bus clipping is probably my favourite - it was cut from a greyhound lines advert from a magazine, and it reminds me of when I got the greyhound bus from New York to Washington DC


obviously I was ALL OVER the ones with animals on... I mean look at that squirrel, how mental does he look? and the dog with the sad expression? I get waaaay too emotionally attached to bits of paper.


does anyone else collect random bits of old paper? I love thinking about where they came from and who owned them and what story they tell about that person and their life - it's a little bit of history you can hold and I find it fascinating!

1 comment:

  1. such a great find!! i get way too attached to things like this! even if i could think of a project to use them for, i never would complete it for fear of ruining them x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo