Thursday, 8 September 2011
List 11: reasons why I am a complete geek (and proud)
1. I have read all the Harry Potter books ten times. I'm not even exaggerating. I geek out massively with my Mum, and we regularly have conversations that last for hours and are just us discussing Harry Potter. The rest of the time I try to rein it in a bit because, as my friend once told me, no-one else wants to talk about Harry Potter in the pub.
2. Sometimes when I'm at home on my own and I'm baking something, I like to pretend I'm hosting my own cookery show, explaining what I'm doing at each step to my 'viewers.'
3. I have, on more than one occasion, wrapped a plaster around the nose of my glasses to stop them from sliding down my nose every five seconds.
4. I am a Buffy obsessive. I know the words to most of the episodes, as well as a lot of pointless pop trivia about the series. I used to want to be Willow so badly, I had my hair cut and dyed like hers, and I wore long skirts and floaty tops and a pentagram necklace. I also had the biggest crush on Seth Green.
5. When something is really funny, I laugh so hard I snort. But only when it's really funny.
6. Whilst watching Disney films with my neighbour's six year old daughter I realised I was the only one singing along to all the songs. I really really really love old Disney movies. My favourites are The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Mulan, and Beauty and the Beast, because they have the best songs.
7. I collect stamps. For reals. Not properly collect (I don't really care about rarity or value) but I like to buy stamps and sort them by colour, and then sort the colours from light to dark. I also have a colour-based OCD.
8. I'm pretty socially-awkward, especially around boys. (see number 5 and imagine doing that on a first date.) I tend to start talking about a subject and then find it impossible to talk about anything else. Usually something like geology, or social psychology experiments, or riot grrl bands. Generally things that I have recently looked up on Wikipedia.
9. I use Wikipedia on a daily basis.