about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Tuesday 2 November 2010

My Sentiments Exactly

I guess I am classified as an art student. Even worse I'm an art student at UAL, famed for its pretentiousness. Now don't get me wrong, there are so many lovely people at UAL. People who genuinely love what they are doing, and are passionate and creative whilst also being funny, kind and generous. But then there are the other sort. The ones who need to make others feel inferior. The ones who say "oh you haven't heard of (insert name of obscure artist/photographer) before?" whilst looking down their nose at you. The ones who judge you because they feel they are better than you when, quite often, they are not.


I think this papercut sums up my feelings pretty well. If I ever become pretentious please someone slap me round the face.xxx

4 comments:

  1. AGREE.
    p.s. can you see the man dancing in the paper cut-outs on the right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep.

    oh, and i like this. a lot. as a print or something. you should sell it. teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiii (sorry if this is weird! haha) I stumbled across your blog via my flickr, thankyouu for using & crediting my paper cut by the way! Anywayy, I thought I'd comment because I too was a UAL student, and it was the pretentious-ness of some of my fellow classmates that drove me to make it!

    I'm glad I found your blog! I love baking, lists, writing and books, so I'm definitely following!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo